Seat 3F, First Class cabin of SQ 318 en route to London
So this begins another journey.
We left T3 about 8.5 hours ago and in that amount of time, I've managed to watch two movies (The Golden Compass - finally! - and 27 Dresses), clock in a few hours of well-deserved sleep, order my usual cup of hot chocolate...and have lunch.
Not in that sequence though.
Speaking of lunch, my appetiser consisted of:
Parma ham with melon, duckliver terrine with fig compote and seared blackened scallop with avocado salsa

The duckliver terrine is now just a very bad memory.
Soup, however, was:
Cream of button mushroom with truffle cream
Which was VERY nice, especially with those huge mushrooms at the bottom of the bowl.
Then the main course was:
Papardella pasta with Chinese style braised roast duck with dried shiitake mushroom, chestnut, asparagus and chilli oil
I have decided that I strongly dislike duck.
Thankfully dessert was also very nice:
Warm chocolate tart with Haagen Dazs rum-raisin ice cream and passionfruit coulis

And now I await dinner, despite being not hungry at all.
Oh yeah, and we'll be landing in less than 4.5 hours' time.


<< Home