On board a City Cruises ferry on the Thames, London
To backtrack a bit, I managed to watch Sweeney Todd and Juno before we landed at Heathrow in the evening.
There was a very long wait before our hired ride to the hotel arrived, and after driving through the darkened streets of London, it was straight to sleep.
Thanks to my wonderful mathematical ability, I accidentally set my alarm two hours too early this morning. In the end I couldn't get back to sleep, so I just woke up and went down for breakfast.
After some hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, bacon and Frosties, we set off for a nice little walk to Regent Street, passing by many tempting (and closed) shops.
At Regent Street we decided to board one of those big hop-on-hop-off doubledecker tour buses. We each got earphones to plug into the seat in front of us and listen to the commentary.

The open-top bus wound past a few theatres and many nice old buildings, as well as Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus.

(Above) The Theatre Royal Haymarket and Piccadilly Circus
We got off at the Big Ben and spent a lot of time trying to get good shots of it - mostly unsuccessful since the sun was behind the tower.

We walked a little near the Houses of Parliament, seeing statues of Oliver Cromwell and Richard the Lionheart.

Then we crossed the road, walking past the Boadicea statue down to the pier, where we boarded the ferry.

Now we are passing under the London Eye.









<< Home