Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leaving Lucerne for Paris

We drove into central Lucerne after breakfast and got off at the pier. Those who had signed up for optional excursion #6: "Scenic Lake Cruise" (not us) boarded their ferry, whilst the others (us) took a slow walk to the shopping area.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



We had exactly an hour to shop before leaving Switzerland, so I went about locating my favourite shops before they opened...

...then I realised all shops are closed on Sundays, apart from most cafés and one large souvenir store!

So I ended up passing the time by walking up and down the cobbled streets and peering through shop windows.

Photobucket

Photobucket



In the end the only things we managed to buy were a few bars of chocolate, before we regretfully returned to the meeting point.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Now we have an extraordinarily long dive ahead of us (almost 700km!) so I guess it's naptime for me...